Acupuncture for Childbirth
Acupuncture can be used to help establish & regulate contractions. It can be used if your waters have broken to try & bring labour on.
During established labour
- to keep contractions regular
- to make contractions effective (ie dilate cervix).
- to keep mother calm
- to give mother strength & energy
- to help manage labour pains
- to encourage baby down birth canal
- stimulate contractions to promote delivery of placenta
- promotes cessation of excessive bleeding
Recent research shows that acupuncture can lead to a less painful labour and may also reduce the necessity of medical intervention. It can be used in conjunction with conventional methods of pain relief and will compliment their effectiveness.
To discuss the possibility of having acupuncture in labour, please contact Elaine Gibbons on 01273 562676.
In Chinese medicine, the post-natal period is considered to be two years. The first six weeks is a very important time to rest and nourish yourself after the pregnancy and birth, especially with sleepless nights and breastfeeding requirements. Treatment is particularly recommended if you have had a long or difficult labour.
During the first 6 weeks, we offer home visits at no extra cost to ease your ability to continue having treatments.
Post-natal conditions that can respond well to acupuncture include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Emotional sensitivity
I hold a class every 2 months teaching points to massage during labour. This is designed:
- for pain management
- to encourage regular & effective contractions
- to help ease the delivery of baby & placenta
- to encourage natural birth
- to create closer partner involvement
Price includes fully illustrated booklet describing the location and usage of the points, also the techniques used to activate the points.
Cost £25 per couple. Individual sessions available at £40 per couple.
If you are interested of would like to know more information please me on 01273 562676 or email me at [email]